No title. No BS.
“We regret to inform…”
No. Richard would never sign off on something so boring, so disappointingly prosaic.
Our Creative Director is no longer with us. No matter how heartbroken we are, we would never do that to him. No past tense, no calling this an obituary. No formal announcements or empty phrases.
We just keep repeating our lessons:
- No bullshit. He absolutely hates it. He would rather do nothing than release something that is fake or non-genuine.
- Incremental changes. He believes that you can achieve anything by just doing a little more today than you did yesterday. You did one push-up today? Do 1.25 tomorrow.
- Create moments. He is a master of moments. Always insists that powerful moments can change lives. Well, nudge them in a more interesting direction, at least.
- Write. Always have a notebook around. Writing every day helps him keep his thoughts structured and he never forgets a thing.
- Know when and how to be focused. Putting a phone with all the annoying notifications away for a few hours or having a day free of meetings will keep your mind clear. You need those long, uninterrupted blocks of time in order to create.
- Quality over quantity. Not even going to explain, you know when you did a shitty job.
- Stay open to new things. You’re never too old, too young, too formal or informal. Test your fucking assumptions.
- Give people second chances. Let them prove themselves, everyone fucks up. Indicative is how people work on their fuckups (if they do it at all).
We are missing one true RocknRolla on our team right now.