Live Panel: Where’s the EU on COVID19?
A panel of EU communication experts and journalists questioned the EU’s approach to communicating with citizens about the Coronavirus.
Editor in Chief of EUobserver, former spokesman for Belgian PM
Maria Laura Franciosi
Founding President of Brussels Press Club, reporter for L’Indro
Copywriter and creative director, creator of “This Time I’m Voting” campaign
Partner at Rud Pedersen, former head of digital at FleishmanHillard
Head of Strategic Comms, European Commission (DG COMM)
Head of Sector, Social Media at European Commission (DG COMM)
Moderated by Richard Medic – Co-founder of The Right Street digital. The live discussion took place on Thursday, 16 April.
Questions that were discussed on the panel:
- Does the EU have a strategy to communicate about COVID19?
- Why are Russia and China dominating the digital landscape on COVID19? Where’s the EU?
- Are we hearing enough about EU funding and other support to Member States?
- How is the EU tackling COVID19 myths and fake news?
- What can the EU do to better inform, educate and reassure citizens about COVID19?
At the end of the panel we have identified 3 simple recommendations to share with our colleagues in the EU institutions.