Are you a Junior Developer?
Are you a Junior Developer interested in working for a dynamic and creative digital marketing agency? Then keep reading and find out more about the company and details about our Junior Development job opportunity.
The Right Street Digital is a Brussels-based international communications agency working in the EU political space with offices in Mostar (Bosnia & Herzegovina) and Belgrade (Serbia). We are growing quickly and are searching for talented Junior Developer to join our Mostar office.
- Execute the addition of new articles and content to existing WordPress websites, ensuring that content is formatted and optimised for the best user experience
- Design and implement engaging layouts for web pages that enhance readability and user engagement using WordPress themes and custom CSS
- Diagnose and resolve issues on existing WordPress sites, which may include fixing broken links, correcting layout problems, or resolving other website errors
- Perform regular maintenance tasks for WordPress sites, including updating plugins and themes, monitoring website performance, and troubleshooting unexpected issues
- Oversee the hosting environment of our WordPress sites, including setting up new hosting accounts, managing domain settings, and ensuring our sites remain live and accessible
- Regularly check and ensure all WordPress installations, plugins, and themes are up-to-date, securing sites from potential vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with the web development and content teams to prioritise tasks and manage the website portfolio efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience with WordPress site development
- Proven understanding of WordPress, including themes, plugins, and the latest best practises
- Basic understanding of PHP and MySQL to manage site databases and troubleshoot issues
- Experience with cPanel, FTP, and other hosting-related services
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Commitment to continuous learning and staying updated with the latest WordPress trends and updates
- Fluency in English to effectively communicate with clients regarding their needs
- Experience with page builders like Elementor or WPBakery
- Understanding of SEO principles and their application in WordPress
- Basic knowledge of image editing tools for content optimisation
- Familiarity with responsive design principles and testing across devices
What we offer:
At The Right Street Digital, we offer a vibrant, international work culture committed to going “above and beyond” to provide the best service for our clients. We value learning, initiative, and innovative thinking, which are encouraged and rewarded. You’ll have ample opportunities for growth and development, working in a dynamic and exciting environment where results are tangible and fulfilling. We foster a culture of learning and training inside the company; you will have access to international training and collaborations with our network of providers and partners in Brussels and across Europe.
Come join our Mostar office! Apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24/11/2023 and let’s make an impact together!